Thursday, February 5, 2009

Money, Lovelife and Fortune Telling

I wasn’t able to attend the second day of the Year End Assessment of CARP (this is a 3 day event hosted by PARC which was held at Cloud 9 sports and leisure club in Antipolo) because I need to go back to San Lazaro Hospital for my second shot of the anti-rabies vaccine. To catch the final day of the assessment, I need to get up early and go to the office as early as 7:00 AM. Unfortunately when I arrived at CLOUD 9, Ms. Leonor (PARC staff) informed me that the assessment was finished. Knowing that I am disappointed not she generously invited me and Kuya Boyet (Motorpool) to eat breakfast. I immediately asked for files especially the outputs/results and presentations of the assessment which she promised to provide me either through fax or email.

With nothing left to do, I decided to go back to the office. Kuya Boyet warned me that the travel time would be much longer now as heavy there is heavy traffic going back to the metro. On our way back to the office, Kuya boyet and I had some conversations, we talked about the office, previous bosses, salary, years of service, we even compared business districts such as Taguig, Makati, and EDSA extension in MOA until Kuya Boyet suddenly talked about his story, his social life, his love life and some mischievous adventures. But I never told my counterpart, I just listened to his story, maybe I’m afraid to confide something personal to a new acquaintance. Then he suddenly told me that he know how to read palm (fortune telling). But I never dared to ask him to do fortune telling, maybe I just don’t believe it or maybe I just don’t care. He said, “Yung lola ko marunong manghula, mejo natutunan ko na rin. Meron akong kababata na hinulaan ko dati, sabi ko sa kanya wag siyang makaklimot sa mga kapatid nya dahil gaganda buhay n’ya. Ngayon nakapag asawa ng mayaman pero sabi ng mga kapatid nya parang pinagtatabuyan sila pag bumibisista sila dun, ikaw patingin ng palad mo.”

Hesitantly, I showed my right hand,


Right Hand Showing My Palm


he said, “Maganda ang palad mo, mejo maayos or ok ka naman. Kaya lang sa pera wag ka masyado gagastos, kasi tama lang yung pera mo ngayon. Tapos sa pag-ibig naman, may dalawa kang mahal, hindi mo sigurado kung sino sa kanila.” I responded with a big laugh. But deep inside I said “WOW! How did he know?”

It is true that I have tight finances now, because of the cost of the vaccine and some materials for school. It is also true that I am confused of two possible relationships. “ANG GALING NAHULAAN NGA AKO NI KUYA BOYET!” This is really amazing! I plan to talk to Kuya Boyet again and maybe that time will ask for some more fortune telling!

0 comments: