Monday, February 23, 2009

Chocolates are RED: Valentine Afterthought

More than a week elapsed since 14 February a.k.a hearts’ day.

A SPECIAL day for lovers and sweethearts; maybe an
ORDINARY day for singles.

But that's not true for me because this day is the day of great concerts and of course UP fair.

As early as Monday (9 February) I was looking forward to those events. But it went other way. Loads of office and school work prevented me from attending such events; plus I need to attend to some errands like paying our electric bill and claiming my defective lrt ticket (I was really pissed off, when i found my newly bought lrt ticket defective, I want to scream but I cannot blame the lrt people - they are very much accommodating in entertaining my complaint. Or maybe they are accommodating because I am waering my office barong and ID).

Photobucket - receipt issued by lrt to claim the defective ticket, though, one needs to buy a new ticket pending the claim.

To illustrate how heavy my work load is; I have been asked help from most of my friends just to lighten the said work load.

I asked a friend (a special friend) to find some school materials as I do not have enough time to look for those stuff. My friend happily helped me, but in the end asked for a reward.

I know that I’ll be coming home late that night (13 February, Valentines Eve), so I said let’s just have dinner.

I didn’t treat my friend in a posh resto but rather I choose to have dinner in an ordinary carinderia near my place (cowboy naman yung friend ko, so ok lang yun, may pasok pa ako the next morning so dapat malapit lang sa bahay at wala akong pera). As we were having dinner, my friend greeted me “happy valentines” then handed me three red-colored, heart shaped chocoloates.

Photobucket

Shocked and awed, I wasn’t able to say a word. Maybe there’s more to come after valentines!

0 comments: